From Raw Dog Screaming Press and Editor Heidi Ruby Miller
A Charity Anthology to Benefit the
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
I’ve just pre-ordered a copy of this anthology to support this charity, the publisher, and its contributors. Check out the information below from Raw Dog Screaming Press and consider supporting as well:
“Raw Dog Screaming Press and international award-winning editor Heidi Ruby Miller are taking pre-orders for the charity anthology LIKE SUNSHINE AFTER RAIN. Proceeds benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The beautiful cover is by Brad Sharp. Interior illustrations by Sharon A. Ruby.
This limited edition anthology is available in lettered hardcover and numbered paperback editions. It hosts short stories, poems, and essays from 82 authors.”
- New York Times bestsellers Jonathan Maberry and Maria V. Snyder
- USA Today bestseller Annette Dashofy
- International bestseller Liz Coley
- Amazon Charts bestsellers Cary Caffrey, Sasha Dawn, and Jennifer Foehner Wells
- Drue Heinz Literature Prize winner Randall Silvis
- Bram Stoker Award winners Lee Murray, Christina Sng, Lucy A. Snyder, Sara Tantlinger, and Tim Waggoner
- International Horror Guild Award winners Michael A. Arnzen and Gary Braunbeck
- Asimov’s Readers Award winner Timons Esaias
- Arthur J. Rooney Award winner Jason Jack Miller
- Pittsburgh City Paper Best Local Writer winner Brian Butko
- American Library Association Notable Book Award winner Lynn Salsi
- Eugene V. Debs Foundation Literature Prize winner Eric Leif Davin
FROM THE FOREWORD BY HEIDI RUBY MILLER:
“When someone I loved was diagnosed with stage 4 leukemia in the middle of the pandemic, I spiraled into an existential disquiet. Everything was going wrong everywhere, and I felt helpless. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was there for my family in so many ways, including guidance and emotional support. I wanted to help them and also give myself purpose. I did what I do best, I wrote…and I asked others for their writing with only two requests:
It must be upbeat.
It must be under 1500 words.
I heard the groans right through my email. That’s a pretty tight word limit. And, even those writers who weren’t part of the horror scene said they didn’t exactly go for upbeat in their projects. But they all agreed to try. And something unforeseen happened. My writing friends were experimenting with forms and genres, writing out of their comfort zones, sharing personal connections to cancer, to fear, to overcoming their sadness, and they thanked me for it.
Their willingness to search for the positive became an unexpected time capsule of perseverance and pushing onward when so many of us struggled to make it through one day at a time.”
To reserve your copy of LIKE SUNSHINE AFTER RAIN, visit http://rawdogscreaming.com/books/like-sunshine-after-rain/.
LEUKEMIA AND LYMPHOMA SOCIETY MISSION:
“Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.”